Wearable Link Ltd (trading as PLINX) (We, Us and Our) provides technology (products and services) (Services) to end users (You and Your).
You can access Our Services:
- on applications (Apps) via various operating systems
- on Your mobile phone or other mobile devices; or
- at Our Website https://plinx.io (Website).
When You interact with Our Website or Apps, We collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify You (Personal Data).
- what Personal Data We collect when You use Our Website/Services (Your Personal Data);
- how We may use and share Your Personal Data; and
- Your choices concerning how We use Your Personal Data.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
When You sign up for the Services:
You voluntarily give Us Personal Data including Your name and email address.
If You buy a subscription or licence for the Services: You may be asked to provide payment information (including payment card number, security code associated with the card, expiry date), to one or more of Our payment service providers.
When You use the Services:
You may generate data such as name, email, phone number or role, which We will collect and store for use solely in connection with the Services.
When You complete any “free text” boxes in Our forms: We also collect information that You provide (for example, support requests or survey submissions) and Personal Data disclosed by You on Our forums, blogs and Our other areas of the Services to which You can post information and materials.
Automatically collected data
When You use the Website/Services, the following information is created and automatically logged in Our systems:
- Log Data: Information that Your browser automatically sends whenever You visit the Website, or that the Apps automatically send when You use them. Log Data includes Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (so We understand which country You are connecting from when You visit the Website or use the Services etc), browser type and settings, the date and time of Your request, and how You interacted with the Website/Services;
- Cookies: Information from cookies and other technologies stored on Your device.
Device information: Includes type of device You are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how You use Our Website/Services, such as the types of content that You view or engage with, the features You use, the actions You take, the other users You interact with and the time, frequency and duration of Your activities.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To authenticate that You are the registered user; provide You with the Services; process Your transactions and respond to Your requests.
For Our Legitimate Business Interests, including:
Customising the way data is presented on our website/services based on your needs or interests;
Understanding how You interact with Our Website/Services;
- Adapting Our Website/ Services so that they are presented in the most effective manner for You, and as part of Our efforts to keep Our Website/ Services, network and information systems secure.
Conducting analytics to inform Our marketing strategy and to enable Us to enhance and personalise Our communications and the experience We offer to Our users.
Conducting or assisting research. We may share the information We collect in anonymised and de-identified form with researchers who help Us to improve the Website/Service’s learning tools. We may also use such information to publish papers on aviation communication learning.
- Marketing. We may send You updates and information about Our new products and services, upcoming events or other promotions or news by email or push notification. Where required by law, We will only send You marketing information if You consent to Us doing so at the time You provide Us with Your Personal Data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email We send You or by updating Your user settings. We will continue to contact You via email regarding the provision of our Services that you have purchased and to respond to Your requests.
DELETING AND AMENDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If You ask Us to delete Your Personal Data or to be removed from Our marketing lists We will only keep the most basic data to identify You and prevent further unwanted processing by Us.
We may anonymise, de-identify and/or aggregate the information that We collect (such that it no longer constitutes Personal Data) and use such anonymised, de-identified and/or aggregated data for commercial, statistical and market research purposes, including sharing it with affiliates and business partners.
If You need to change or correct Your Personal Data You may do so via your user settings please email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If You wish to delete Your Personal Data from Our systems, You may unsubscribe by emailing here (email@example.com).
We will keep Your Personal Data for whichever is the longer of:
RIGHTS UNDER ENGLISH LAW
Data Controller. PLINX is the Data Controller for Your Personal Data.
Your Rights under English law: You have the following rights in relation to Your Personal Data:
Right of Access: If We are Processing your Personal Data. You can request a copy of that Personal Data here (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Right to Correct: If Your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, You are entitled to ask that We correct or complete it. If We have shared Your Personal Data with third parties as part of Our Legitimate Interest, We will tell them about the correction where possible. If You ask Us in writing, and where possible and lawful to do so, We will also tell You with whom we shared your Personal Data so You can contact them directly.
Right to Delete: You may ask us to erase Your Personal Data in some circumstances. If We shared Your data with others, We will alert them to the need for erasure where possible. If You ask Us, and where possible and lawful to do so, We will also tell You with whom We shared Your Personal Data with so You can contact them directly.
Right to Restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or‘block’the processing of Your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where You contest the accuracy of the data or object to Us processing it. We will tell You before We lift any restriction on processing. If We shared Your Personal Data with others, We will tell them about the restriction where possible. If You ask Us, and where possible and lawful to do so, We will also tell You with whom We shared Your Personal Data so You can contact them directly.
Right to obtain a copy: You have the right to obtain Your Personal Data from Us that You consented to give Us or that was provided to Us as necessary in connection with Our contract with You. We will give You Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
Right to Object: You may ask Us at any time to stop processing Your Personal Data, and We will do so:
if We are relying on a Legitimate Interest to process Your Personal Data — unless We demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or
if We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing.
Rights related to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of Your Personal Data, including profiling, unless this is necessary in relation to a contract between You and Us or You provide Your explicit consent to this use.
Right to withdraw consent: If We rely on Your consent to process Your Personal Data, You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of Your Personal Data that has already taken place.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If You have a concern about Our privacy practices, including the way We handled Your Personal Data, You can report it to the data protection authority that is authorised to hear those concerns.
PUBLICLY POSTED INFORMATION
We take reasonable administrative and technical steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure. Therefore, while We strive to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.